Thursday, May 22, 2008

Welcome Back?


  Props to Publix for trying. Maybe give it a C+ compared to the bento boxes I was feasting on last week. Maybe dining on this bento while flying along at 180 mph on a bullet train with Mt. Fuji peaking out behind glowing white clouds would raise the grade a little. But, I am sitting at my desk in the newsroom of the Tampa Tribune overlooking the ever so slow flowing Hillsborough River. I took a minute to run next door to Publix for a lunch sandwhich and what do my kanji starved eyes spy, but a bento box.
  The box consists of a roll with brown rice, salmon and tuna sashimi, seaweed and calamari salads edamame, no wasabi or ginger and what the hell is this...... southwestern chicken. Little pieces of chicken with "SOUTHWESTERN SPICES" sprinkled on it!! Whens the next flight out?

No comments: